What We Do
As part of our clean air strategy, we do the following:
- Adopt rules that limit pollution, issue permits to ensure compliance, and inspect pollution sources.
- Administer agricultural burning and dust plans to preserve the air quality in Antelope Valley, protect public health and safety, and to ensure agricultural activity continues in a safe regulated fashion.
- Inventory and assess the health risks of toxic air emissions.
- Monitor the county's air quality through the use of an air quality monitoring station.
- Administer the Motor Vehicle Emission Reduction Program funding projects which reduce air pollution from motor vehicles, and for related planning, monitoring, and enforcement.
- Prepare Clean Air Plans to identify how much pollution is in our air, where it comes from, and how to control it most effectively.
- Analyze the air quality impact of new businesses and land development projects.
- Respond to public complaints and inquiries.
- Work with other government agencies to ensure their decisions & coordinate with good air quality programs.
- Help individuals and businesses understand and comply with federal, state, and local air pollution control laws.
- Inform the public about air quality conditions and health implications.
- Issue permits to build, alter, and operate equipment to companies under our jurisdiction that either cause, contribute to, or control air pollution.